Sabado, Agosto 04, 2012

Monsoons



  • I learned that a monsoon is defined as a seasonal reversing wind accompanied by corresponding changes in precipitation. And there are 2 types of monsoon: the South-west or Habagat that brings rainfall and the North-east monsoon or Amihan that brings a cold climate.
  • I want to know more about the duration of these monsoons in our country. And I found out that Habagat visits our country during the months of June to November and Amihan visits our country during the months of December to February.
  • I appreciate the fact that the North-east monsoon is the only weather phenomenon that is not as dangerous as the others. In fact, we feel comfortable during the months of December, January and February for it is a cold climate.
  • I can apply my learning about the different monsoons in the Philippines by proudly sharing it onto others who need the information.