Linggo, Agosto 05, 2012

Tail End of a Cold Front



  • I learned that the tail end of a cold front is the boundary of two large air masses that is found in mid-latitudes. It is also defined as the later portion of an advancing or leading edge of a large and cold air mass.It causes too much rainfall and cloudiness over affected areas.
  • I want to know more about effects of these phenomenon on our daily lives. This phenomenon results on heavy and continuous rain showers, strong winds and thick clouds that envelops the land during a cold front. Too much rain can cause land and mudslides to other places.
  • I appreciate the fact that a tail end of a cold front is called a tail end of a cold front not instead of a cold back is due to the reason that the tail end of a cold front is the back edge of the frontal boundary, not the back of the air mass itself.
  • I can apply my learning about the tail end of a cold front on my daily life. I can now say that there is a cold front and I can prepare myself and my family in case of emergency.