Sabado, Agosto 04, 2012

La Niña


  • I learned that La Niña is a weather phenomenon that is characterized by unusual cold ocean temperatures in the equatorial Pacific, compared to El Nino, which is characterized by unusual warm ocean temperatures in the Equatorial Pacific. Here in the Philippines, La Niña is often referred to as the rainy season from June to November.
  • I want to know more about the origin of the word La Niña. And I found out that  La Niña originated from a Spanish word which means The Little Girl. La Niña is sometimes called El Viejo or simply a cold event or a cold episode.
  • I appreciate the fact that even though La Niña causes us more problems, it still has some advantages that we can use in our everyday life. Philippines is an agricultural country, so even if La Niña damages the cities, it favors the needs of the farmers in the provinces. It provides natural irrigation.
  • I can apply my learnings about La Niña in my everyday life. One is when someone asks me about La Niña, I could easily give them a short and brief history of La Niña.